Our council is committed to reducing poverty: it’s a cornerstone of its strategy, but will more economic growth really deliver? Is it sustainable? Is it even feasible given an economic system in permanent crisis? What are the alternatives that can also rapidly reduce our shared carbon footprint?
Our new publication discusses the dilemma and suggests an alternative and realistic approach in the light of actually happening no-growth and the spectre of runaway climate change. Is it possible for us all to prosper without the economy growing?
- Greater Manchester Environment Commission
- Green Deal for the Manchester – Mersey Bioregion
- Manchester City Council Action on Climate Change
- Manchester Climate Action
- Manchester Climate Change Action Plan
- Manchester Climate Fortnightly
- Manchester Friends of the Earth
- Manchester Climate Forum
- Sustainable Consumption Institute at Manchester University
- Tyndall Centre at Manchester University
- SURF – Salford Univ. Centre for Sustainable Urban and Regional Futures
- Enough Is Enough – report on the Steady State Economy